Section I. Invitation to Bid
Republic of the Philippines
Philippine Rural Development Project
Province of Negros Oriental
Invitation to Bid for the
Rehabilitation and Improvement of Hilaitan to Trinidad Farm to Market Road
Identification No.: PRDP-IB-R007-NOR-001-000-000-2017-AF
Loan No. 8816-PH
February 14, 2019
1. The Government of the Philippines (GoP) has received a Loan from the World Bank towards the cost of Philippine Rural Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the contract for the Rehabilitation and Improvement of Hilaitan to Trinidad Farm to Market Road / PRDP-IB-R007-NOR-001-000-000-2017-AF.
2. The Provincial Local Government Unit of Negros Oriental, implementing partner of the Department of Agriculture, now invites bids for the above subproject. Completion of the Works is required by 854 Calendar Days. Bidders should have completed, within the last five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost for this project is Three Hundred Eighteen Million Seventy-Seven Thousand Pesos (PhP 318,077,000.00).
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee of the Province of Negros Oriental and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below and also at the PRDP Regional Project Coordination Office-7 (RPCO-7) with address at DA-RFO-7, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City, Cebu and at the PRDP Project Support Office-Visayas (PSO-Visayas) with address at 2nd Floor Iloilo Sports Complex, Magsaysay Village, Lapaz, Iloilo City, from 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Mondays to Fridays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders starting February 14, 2019 from the address below, PRDP RPCO-7 or PRDP PSO-Visayas and upon payment or depositing to the Province of Negros Oriental Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) Current Account Number 000-01074-740-5 of a non-refundable fee for the bidding documents in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 5,000.00). The LGU’s Treasurer official receipt or the bank teller’s validated deposit slip serves as your proof of payment.
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the PRDP website (prdp.da.gov.ph) provided that bidders shall pay to the LGU’s Treasurer or deposit to the LGU’s bank account the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
As part of the transparency measures being instituted by the Department of Agriculture (DA), the bidders can virtually visit the site of the above-described subproject at prdp.da.gov.ph where geotagged base photographs on 50 meter interval and track are viewable. The DA, however, requires that all potential contractors who will be awarded contract under the project shall have undergone geotagging training provided by the PRDP Project Support Office.
6. The Provincial Local Government Unit of Negros Oriental will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on March 07, 2019, at 10:00 AM at the Old SP Session Hall, Provincial Capitol, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental which shall be open to all interested bidders.
7. Bids must be delivered on or before March 20, 2019, at 10:00 AM at the Old SP Session Hall, Provincial Capitol, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The Provincial Local Government Unit of Negros Oriental reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
ATTY. GEOFFREY P. VILLAHERMOSA
Head, BAC Secretariat
BAC Secretariat Office, 2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol Bldg.
Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines 6200
NESTOR R. VILLAFLORES