DATE : DECEMBER 23, 2011
- No changes as to the number of dead (37) and missing (6).
- Damaged to Infrastructure: PhP 694.45 Million
Submitted by PEO (Provl and National infra): PhP 388.5 M
Submitted by Valencia DRRMC : PhP 274.4 M
Damaged to irrigation system: PhP 31.5 M
- Damaged to bancas, fishing boats and implements: PhP 7.005 M
- Status of relief operations by P/DSWD:
No. of LGUs affected: 10
No. of Brgys affected: 107
No. of families affected: 12,260
No. of persons affected: 61,300
Inside Evacuation Centers:
No. of Families: 365
No. of Persons: 1,825
Outside Evacuation Centers:
No. of families: 11,591
No. of Persons: 57,955
No. of Families: 11,012
No. of Persons: 55,060
Totally damaged: 1,069*
Partially damaged: 3,480*
Total damaged houses 4,345
* Including an adjustment in Pamplona: from 9 to 42 (totally damaged) and from 2 to 173 (partially damaged).
Cost of Assistance (food and non-food items): DSWD – PhP 7,686,386.00
LGUs – PhP 526,124.50
NGOs/Other GOs – 1,589,000.00
Total – PhP – 9,801,510.50
Management of Relief Operations as reported by DSWD7:
- Installation of donations desk
- Mobilization of volunteers
- Mobilization of 30 DSWD7 Staff (including Special Project Workers)
- Utilization of SWAD Team negros Oriental and Pantawid Project Equipment/Materials/Supplies
- Mountain barangays of Valencia, Pamplona, Sibulan and Siaton still difficult to reach
- LGUs still continue to conduct assessment, take intake interview and do masterlisting
- Negros Oriental Provincial Government has augmented with food items worth PhP 1,279,082.00
- Senator Ferdinand Marcos donated 50 bags of rice worth PhP 62,500.00 to the Provincial Government
- 86 Pantawid Project beneficiaries in Siaton and 15 in Mabinay were also affected.
- 360 affected individuals in Sibulan were provided emotional support/defusing session; CISD is not yet possible because LGUs still on relief operations (mastering and distribution of food and non-food items); psycho-social assessment will follow next week.
For donations to the Province of Negros Oriental:
For food and non-food items:
Please send it to the Relief Operation Center at the ground floor of the Negros Oriental Provincial Convention Center Hotel c/o PSWDO Miss Alicia Lagarde. Or call 225-1111 local 392.
Donations can be made directly through the Provincial Treasurer’s Office or to the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) with the following account data: Provincial Treasurer, Province of Negros Oriental through account number—0740-012663-030. Please specify that the donated amount is intended for the victims of TS Sendong.