The provincial government of Negros Oriental has again requested the Department of Health in Manila for the release of funds to upgrade health facilities all over the country, including those of the provincial hospital.
Gov. Roel Degamo said the P100 million fund intended for the province was returned to the general fund due to the failure of DOH to meet the target date requirement for its use. He had earlier requested that the money shall instead be used to acquire hospital equipment rather than facilities, with the near completion of the Central Block Building at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital.
A team of engineers, with Degamo, conducted an ocular inspection on the construction Monday to ensure that the 250-bed capacity CBB, worth P350 million, conforms with the design and standards of DOH.
Degamo was assured by RR Encabo Construction officials that is in joint venture with the Legaspi Premium Development Corporation, that while the amended target of completion is April 7, 2016, they will make sure that the first two floors will be operational by December 2015.
The governor, who is an engineer, said he noticed a great improvement from last month’s accomplishments, or from 28 percent to 40.5 percent as of June 1.
Meanwhile, a pre-procurement process is ongoing for the oxygen generating plant, worth P36 million, for the provincial hospital, the acquisition of which is also necessary for the new central block building, Degamo said.*JG