Families, who were displaced by Typhoon Sendong in Negros Oriental, can expect more financial aid this time from the provincial government here.
Governor Roel Degamo disclosed that the provincial government is set to extend P5,000 to families whose houses were totally damaged by the typhoon and P2,500 for those with partially damaged houses. The provincial government has set aside a total of P13 million from its Quick Response Fund (QRF) as monetary aid for the storm victims.
The governor announced this during the distribution of the P10,000 financial assistance from the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) for each of the families of the victims who died due to the storm that struck Negros Oriental on Dec. 17, 2011.
A total of 38 beneficiaries received the cash assistance from NDRRMC, said Capitol Information Officer Adrian Sedillo.
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Sec. Dinky Soliman also announced earlier that DSWD will provide P70,000 as core shelter assistance for families whose houses were totally damaged by the floods.
Families whose homes were partially damaged will receive an average of P5,000 as emergency shelter assistance.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) here, in a report dated Dec. 23, 2011, puts the number of families affected by the storm at 12,260.
Said report show a total of 4,345 houses damaged by the typhoon. (RMN/PIA Negros Oriental)